We are here to support bereaved families arrange a funeral service or burial of ashes.
To make an enquiry about a funeral matter, please contact us.
Funeral specific advice from the Church of England
There are many important questions that get asked a lot. Church of England Funerals is the national website that deals well with issues including:
- first steps after a death and toward organising a funeral,
- where, beyond the parish church, our ministers can hold a funeral,
- what a service might look like with some interactive help choosing elements
- rules and guidelines about what memorials can be erected in our churchyards
Ongoing care from your parish church
An important part of a funeral within the Church of England is that hope is at the centre; and that our care for the bereaved reaches out into the future. We try to match what we offer with what you need, but as a minimum we will:
- visit you at least once after a funeral you arranged,
- help you understand how the burial site is managed in the first year and longer term.
- signpost you to useful resources including using our churches in grief, for space, or reflection.
- invite you to one or more special events in the year after the death